Here you will find answers to the most frequently asked question. Got a question not answered here? Please get in touch.
- What is the idea?
- Who are you?
- Are you genuine/is this a joke?
- How did you come up with the idea?
- What will you do with the money?
- Why should I buy your pixels?
- How long will the site be online?
1. What is the idea?
The idea is simple: to try and make $47,500 (US) worth of cryptocurrency by selling 2,500 advertising bocks for $19 each. The main motivation for doing this is to further promote the emerging cryptocurrency economy and blockchain technology.
So if you own a crypto and/or blockchain related product/news/service/currency/trading/ website or social media channel – you are welcome to buy my blocks, which are available in 400-pixels (20×20). You will see the homepage is divided into 2,500 of these 400-pixel blocks. The reason for selling them in 400-pixel blocks is because anything smaller would be too small to display anything meaningful.
You can buy as many pixels as you like, as long as there are some available (see the live stats in the top right corner of the page). When you buy some blocks, you can then display a logo of your choice in the space you have purchased. You can also have the image click through to your own website. However, no obscene or offensive images are allowed.
The blocks you buy will be displayed on the homepage permanently. The homepage will not change. Using some of the money I make from the site, I guarantee to keep it online for at least 4 years, but hopefully much longer. I want it to become a kind of a fingerprint of today’s crypto and blockchain state. So, in the long run, I believe the blocks will offer good value.
The idea is to create something of a cryptocurrency and blockchain time capsule: a historic webpage, which will advertise your website or channel to crypto and blockchain related audience, and when the grid is fulfilled an artist will make a painting of it. The painting is going to be placed in the Bitcoin museum. Everything in the cryptocurrency world can change so fast, it will be nice to have something that stays solid and permanent for many years. You can be a part of that!
3. Are you genuine/is this a joke?
I am completely genuine and although this site might be funny in various ways, it is not a joke! I really am selling blocks for $19 each which is paid in cryptocurrency.
4. How did you come up with the idea?
My original inspiration comes from the ad-pixel website. I remember it from the year 2005 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Million_Dollar_Homepage . It has stuck with me ever since. I simply combined the pixel selling ad-space with the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry and added a great value to the customer.
5. What will you do with the money?
First and foremost, I will pay for all the marketing expenses of this project that included:
– advertising the Cryptopiece.com project on cryptocurrency and blockchain Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, news and blog channels.
– a large hand painting of the CryptoPiece.com pixel grid to be placed in the official Bitcoin Museum;
After that, I will invest in my other business ventures to propel them further – you will get to know about them.
6. Why should I buy your pixels?
Because you will have an image and a link to your site on the homepage of a site that
– could potentially be seen by millions of people over the coming years;
– the grid once full will be hand painted and displayed in the official Bitcoin Museum, so you really could own a piece of crypto history;
– your website is going to be placed in a golden frame and it will be posted on Crypto Piece’s Instagram